Reference Data Analyst Intern (part time) - Budapest, 06
For more than 40 years, MSCI's research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world's leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is seeking a Reference Data (Securities Terms and Conditions) Analyst Intern to join the Production Analytics team. The team enables the daily production of timely, complete, relevant and accurate reference data on over four million market instruments as well as corporate actions and pricing data on over eight hundred thousand time series covering both exchange-traded and over-the-counter (where applicable) products globally.
- Research and acquire in depth knowledge of the market data content models of upstream data suppliers to MSCI for multiple financial asset classes
- Learn and apply business logic required to normalize set of terms and conditions data models
- Work closely with Senior Terms and Conditions Analysts in the implementation and maintenance of these business rules
- Monitor quality of terms and conditions data on a daily basis
- Understand the use of MSCI Risk Management Software and workflow of Terms and Conditions Data
- Understand new reference data requirements and work with Business and Development Groups
- Pursuing University program with focus on Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative field with strong knowledge of finance
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets, products and risk management
- Interest in market data content management - specifically in any or all of equities, equity derivatives, domestic and international mutual funds, fixed-income govt./corporate debt, structured debt, commodity futures, commodity derivatives and credit derivatives
- Interest working in environment that combines finance and technology
- Programming experience in Visual Basic, Perl and C/C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases, preferably Oracle is a plus
- Must be willing to work in a global team environment and able to move things forward via strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Possibility to work part time (20-30 hours a week)
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.