Production IT Support Engineer - Monterrey,
Production Support Software Engineer
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Monterrey office is offering an excellent opportunity for an Associate – Senior Associate level support engineer in MSCI Real Estate’s Production Development team.
Reporting to the team lead in Mumbai, this position has been created to enable the Production IT team to support analysts working out of Monterrey. In this role you will be providing first and second line technical support directly to the users, and expected to resolve as many incidents as possible yourself, escalating to the Mumbai technical teams only when necessary.
The Production IT team is responsible for safeguarding the production environment - this entails a combination of support, development and maintenance work. Strong development skills, a good knowledge of modern infrastructure and server environments and a solid knowledge of modern technologies are required. Understanding of financial markets and/or portfolio analysis and/or equity instruments processing is a definite plus.
The candidate should have 3-5 years of experience handling real production systems. The role will specialize in the support and bug-fixing of our new Unix / Java / SQL Server based Atlas software, but also provide support for .NET, Oracle and other development technologies.
- Own and manage support incidents end-to-end, working with users and technical stakeholders to communicate and resolve incidents
- Understand the real estate business, communicate with business users and troubleshoot their problems
- Work on Unix, Java and SQL defects
- Conduct root cause analysis on incidents and ensure that the problem management process is followed through upon
- Work with infrastructure teams to manage and support server maintenance, downtime and testing
- Work evenings and weekends as and when required
- Develop tools to automate systems in production.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Proven ability to operate under own initiative
- Unix scripting/commands, Shell/Perl scripting, Java, C, hands-on experience on JDBC
- SQL performance tuning and stored procedures on Oracle and SQL server
- Knowledge of Spring, JMS and the major java technologies a plus.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Information technology
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.