Client Service Index Associate (Korean Specialist) - Manila,
MSCI Global Index Client Service is the primary point of contact for clients and users of MSCI Index products and serves as the key link to MSCI's Global Research and Index operations. The team members are responsible for directly responding to a wide variety of methodology, usage, interpretational and technical questions on MSCI benchmark products.
The MSCI Index Client Service team is composed of experienced financial professionals that provide support for our institutional, dominantly financial institutional clients around the world. Globally the Index Client Service group is present in the following locations: San Francisco, Monterrey, New York, London, Budapest, Mumbai, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Manila.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES OF A CLIENT SERVICE (CS) FIRST LINE INDEX ANALYST :
The successful candidate will be part of a 24 X 5 team catering to MSCI Clients in the global field of finance and investment with inquiries related to MSCI’s benchmark/index business which include but not limited to (a) data extraction of information at index and constituent levels, (b) providing basic details on index composition, and (c) access/permissioning of data and client support sites.
The successful candidate will also be responsible in (a) ensuring that complex queries are routed to the appropriate global teams within specified SLA whilst keeping Clients updated on the status of the query in a timely fashion, (b) completing proactive outreach campaigns to gather/communicate useful information from our Client base and (c) collaborating with other Client Service teams globally to help address ad hoc requests from global Sales teams.
In addition, enhance client relationships through proactive follow up on issues raised by clients; Maintain relationships by ensuring relevant product information is shared with clients; Provide client feedback to the Marketing, Product Management, Research and Data teams; Visit clients to provide service review/training as required. This candidate will be the main client service person to service our clients in the Korea market, although not limited to.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- A minimal of 3 years’ working experience, preferably, client facing and in the financial service industry
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- A self-starter and highly motivated, ability to work individually and within a team
- Ability to articulate complicated concepts or methodologies verbally and in writing to senior management and clients
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines
- Track record of excelling in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team and knowing when to involve appropriate colleagues in projects regardless of functional, geographic, and business lines
- Ability to develop value-added contributions to both internal and external clients
- Track record of challenging self and others to anticipate future trends and creatively capitalize on opportunities
- Deep understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets
- Demonstrated understanding of modern portfolio theory
- Excellent academic tracking record
Preferred pas experience in:
- Additional language skills, such as Mandarin or Japanese, is a plus
- CFA is a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.