Broker Dealer & Hedge Fund Sales Specialist - New York, NY
Hedge Fund & Broker Dealer Sales Specialist
The Index Sales Specialist is a member of the Americas Client Coverage team who is responsible for new business development and client relationship management. This individual will be directly responsible for working with Broker/Dealers and Hedge Fund clients.
The role entails educating, positioning and licensing MSCI’s global equity index data to current clients as well as prospective clientele.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of account management, including in-depth discussions regarding MSCI’s index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, and closing sales. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our Indexes are used by the investment community is ongoing. In this role, individuals will work closely with Product Management, Global Client Service, Marketing, Global Sales Colleagues, Legal Counsel and Finance Operations.
Total Relationship Management involving:
- Strategic planning with an account
- Achieve targeted revenue goals
- High level management contact
- New product placement
- Cold and warm calls into prospect firms
- Identification of opportunities across other business segments
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Inform all clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
- Work with other departments to ensure that client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development and share with relevant internal groups (i.e. Product Management, Sales Colleagues, Marketing, and Research)
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or equivalent experience
- Desired minimum of 3 years direct sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
- Strong sales closing skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Thorough understanding of the investment management process
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.