Junior software developer (Test tool specialist) - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Analytics Infrastructure Stability and Performance group is a part of the Model Validation team. The Model Validation team is responsible for developing and implementing validation processes and procedures for industry adopted financial instruments, statistics, stress tests and reporting. Our goal is to ensure the 'highest level quality' and the 'fastest time to market' in the industry for financial products. As a key member of this team, the candidate will have direct responsibility for delivering technologically innovative solutions to the quant model validation group as well as to test the continuously evolving state of the art architecture of extremely large scale financial software. The Model Validation team is largely composed of financial engineers whose expertise are advanced mathematical & statistical modeling for financial applications, and this role will also be responsible in supporting the group with in-house tools & technologies to execute the model validation projects effectively & efficiently.
- The candidate will be exposed on a daily basis to a range of topics that require in depth technical skills:
- Testing the performance and architecture of very large scale financial software
- Delivering (design, implement & support) technologically innovative solutions to the quant model validation group
- Software architecture involving distributed & remote pricings with extremely high degree of concurrency in computation
- Troubleshooting the problems from various technological areas ranging from system administration to identifying the causes of system slowness or failure
- Various technological frameworks (HPC, Azure, etc.)
- Supporting the tools which already exist in model validation group
- Supporting and creating test automation tools.
- Providing thought leadership in technology to keep our tools at the advent of technical innovations
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Fast learner, and must be willing to learn the rapid advances in financial software technologies
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral proficiency in English
- Strong sense of ownership
- Must be willing to work in a global team environment and able to move things forward on projects
- Should enjoy working with strong technical people (software architects, programmers, application management, operations) as well as business people (sales, account management, and product management).
- Interested working in an environment that combines finance and technology
- Comfortable working in a team and bringing people together across teams.
- Two or three years of working experience in performance testing of large scale software, architecting & implementing internal tools, system administration, computer programming
- Experienced with rapidly evolving state of the art software architecture, distributed & remote pricings, and threading
- Experienced with virtualized operating systems, Windows HPC, Azure or similar cloud computing technologies
- Working experience with IT operations analytics tools like Splunk to harness the power of sampled data for business decisions or for troubleshooting the software issues
- Should have demonstrated delivering creative solutions to the problems in previous work experience
- Experience with SQL and stored procedures
- Master’s degree with focus in computer science or a degree in engineering with a very strong knowledge of computer technologies.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.