Associate - Java
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI has a number of new ambitious Java projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join the Equity Index IT team, as part of a delivery-focused IT group responsible for designing, developing and supporting internal, client and public-facing distribution solutions.
If selected, you will work as part of a delivery focused and talented software development team responsible for designing, developing and supporting the index and product generation platforms.
You will use cutting edge software development techniques and technologies, following the best practices of the industry.
- Build the future Equity Index Product Distribution platform
- Collaborate with Product Management, Program Management and other internal stakeholders to convert business requirements in to formal specifications and deliver these as part of a release roadmap
- Evaluate different Architectural & Design approaches, solutions, frameworks & technologies and recommend the most suitable one
- Develop best practices for architecture, design, coding & automated test coverage
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team to develop & use common Architectural principles
- Present Architectural approach to Senior Architects & Executive Management and get their concurrence
- This is a hands-on role involving Architecture, Design & Coding, not a general management role
Desired experience and qualification:
- A University Graduate or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ year experience developing Java and Web applications in a large product development environment
- Mastery over Object Oriented Design, Data Structures & Algorithms and ORM
- Good understanding of Relational Database concepts
- Keen interest in keeping abreast of latest developments in Information Technology
- Expertise in core Java development including collections, multi-threading, network programming & performance monitoring
- Practical experience of using Java frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate
- Knowledge of Java Development & Deployment Tools like Ant, Maven, Sonar, Corbetura, Hudson
- Knowledge of distributed caching solutions like Infinispan & Coherence
- Understanding of Equity Markets, advanced Mathematics & Statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely to peers, senior management, senior non IT business managers, spanning all levels of IT literacy
- Ability to provide technical guidance to a team of developers
- Excellent logical analysis, creative problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- A passion for developing well engineered, high quality software solutions
- A University Graduate or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.