Sales Support, Analytics - New York, NY
Supporting team that sells MSCI's risk and portfolio management analytics to pensions, foundations and endowments in the United States.
The Sales Support person is a member of the Americas Client Coverage team working closely with sales people to secure client interest and purchase of MSCI Products. This person is responsible for facilitating the sales process for MSCI analytic products,. This person plays a key role in the pre-sales process assisting the sales team in market research and analysis of prospective clients, competitors, and market outlook, as well as in prospecting for new clients. They will also work closely with MSCI Product Management and Client Services to identify solutions for clients utilizing multiple regression statistics, modern portfolio theory (including CAPM, multi-factor models, portfolio optimization models and equity & fixed investment process), complex financial theories, data terminals and financial management software engineering tools. The Sales Support person will also load client portfolios to our software platforms and prepare the analytics tools for product demonstrations for prospective clients.
Supporting a team of sales specialists in their sales efforts:
- Prioritizing demands from the sales specialists and coordinating with the other departments: Legal, Sales Operations, Finance to ensure timely execution
- Qualifying sales leads who contact MSCI
- Set-up and participate in prospective client product demonstrations Preparing risk analysis in MSCI analytics, forward literature, initiate paperwork process for new customers. This might include pro-actively seeking support and data from other departments in the company to ensure that all client requirements are covered in product demonstrations
- Prepare Mailings/Presentations to support the sales team.
- CRM/Salesforce.com maintenance and updates of clients and prospect records.
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- This position may require occasional travel
Actively contributing to revenue generation:
- Independent management of sales cycle (Understanding client requirements, checking feasibility and pricing with internal teams, coordinating the preparation of contracts)
- Pre-sales: Reviewing accounts and supporting the creation of sales proposals
Assisting in sales campaigns carried out by the sales teams. This may include:
- Campaign tracking, analysis and reporting of key metrics.
- Using internal databases to prepare revenue analysis to aid contract negotiations
- Preparing market analysis to aid sales efforts
- Researching the territory to identify potential new clients (Pre-sales analysis, market analysis, competitor research)
- Identifying leads and assisting Asset Owner team members in providing research and analysis for current and prospective clients.
- Calling prospective clients Pro-active outreach to prospective clients with the goal of setting up meetings for the Sales Specialists
- Informing our clients about the latest improvements to our products
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 2-5 years of relevant professional work experience
- Bachelor's degree in any Finance, Statistics, mathematics, Quantitative feild
- Experience with a variety of sales support activities required: responding to inquiries, arranging for samples, forwarding literature, initiating paperwork process for new customers, qualifying leads and assigning to sales force, etc.
- Interest in financial markets and investment products
- Interest in career track as an institutional sales professional
- Highly motivated
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Superior communication and time management skills (Must be comfortable managing multiple task)
- A self-starter with the ability to work individually and within a team
- Familiar with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Personable, persuasive
- Ability to develop dialogue with prospective clients
- Experience in a sales development role including territory research, prospect identification and lead follow up
- Direct prospect outreach experience (cold calls and email) preferred
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.