Americas Index Wealth Advisory Client Coverage - Chicago, IL
We are looking for a Chicago-based candidate to call on key personnel and decision makers at Wealth Advisory firms including Wire Houses, Regional and Independent Brokers, Private Bank/Wealth, ETF Investment Strategists and Registered Investment Advisors to influence strategy by demonstrating the strength of MSCI indexes.
As the Sales Support person you will be a member of the Americas Index Wealth Advisory team working closely with senior sales people to drive client interest in exchange traded products based on MSCI Indexes. This person plays a key role in the expansion of our existing client base by uncovering investment needs and presenting solutions as well as identifying and pursuing new opportunities with prospective clients. The successful candidate will have a proactive attitude to prospecting and overall business development initiatives coupled with a consultative sales approach.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Expand awareness and use of MSCI indexes, including investment products based upon our indexes
- Develop relationships with senior investment professionals including CEOs, CIOs, strategists, asset allocation committees, portfolio managers, and ETF research analysts
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to Product Management, Marketing, Sales Colleagues and Research
- This role will require close work/alignment with other groups within MSCI including Research, Marketing, and Client Coverage
- Coordinate and structure presentation materials for client meetings and marketing campaigns
- Create “benchmark wins” including moves to products based on MSCI Indexes within target client base
- Manage client relationship processes, including maintaining client lists, documenting client interaction and meeting performance metrics
- Some travel will be required
- Position reports directly to the Americas Head of Index Wealth Advisory
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Undergraduate degree required; Finance or Economics degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the investment management process including the global equity and fixed income markets
- Superior communication and time management skills
- Ability to develop dialogue with prospective clients and build strong relationships
- Ambitious work ethic, professional disposition, detail -oriented and a passion for capital markets
- Able to present effectively one-on-one or to large groups
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- A strategic and collaborative, client-centric mindset
- Team player focused on group performance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.