Global Product Manager - Mumbai, MH
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The MSCI Global Index Development team is composed of experienced finance professionals who are responsible for not only launching new MSCI Index products but also providing support to existing product offering (e.g. licensing; pricing). Currently, the Global Index Development team is present in the following locations: New York, Budapest, Monterrey and Mumbai.
The candidate will be working within the Global Product Management Team and will be based in Mumbai.
- Assisting in defining the business strategy (target group definition, product, pricing, distribution channels) of new products
- Supporting the sales organization through all business aspect including but not limited to trainings, marketing support and product specialization
- Collaborating with other functional groups – Research, Data Management, and IT – to define product requirements, resolve product issues, and deliver new products and/or enhancements
- Leading cross-functional projects to improve product offering
- Participating in numerous client consultations to understand client needs and/or product enhancements opportunities
- Providing input and facilitating the planning and execution of the index product development roadmap
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience in financial industry (asset owners, asset managers, broker dealer, consultant) with a strong servicing and client focused mindset
- Understanding of the equity investment management process
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail and problem solving skills, ability to prioritize effectively and work under time constraints
- Excel at working independently to identify and resolve client problems
- Demonstration of increasing levels of initiative and responsibility in current role
- Knowledge of product management processes and demonstrated ownership of product through full development lifecycle
- MS or MBA in finance, financial engineering, economics, statistics, or other quantitative fields a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.