C++ Analytics Developer - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for an exceptional individual to join its Analytics Development Team in Budapest. This global team is responsible for the analytics calculation engines behind MSCI's industry leader software solutions. Analytics developers create software solutions calculating financial analytics in collaboration with financial modeling and QA teams.
You will have an opportunity to contribute to a large software ecosystem and learn the analytical methodologies and business context of financial analytics systems.
• Design, implement and maintain financial analytical software using C++ and Python.
• Work in a cross-functional agile team and cooperate with other global teams.
Desired experience and qualifications:
• Quantitative degree (e.g., mathematics, physics, engineering, finance).
• Good mathematical foundations (e.g. probability theory, calculus).
• 3+ years of software development experience.
• Strong programming knowledge in C++.
• Fluent English and good communication skills.
• Excellent analysis skills and analytical mindset.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Experience in C++11, STL, boost, Python, design patterns, TDD are advantages.
• Understanding of stochastic processes is a big advantage.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.