Analytics Sales - New York, NY
The Analytics Sales person is a member of the Americas Client Coverage team working closely with sales people to secure client interest and purchase of MSCI Products. This person is responsible for facilitating the sales process for MSCI data products, as well as Barra software and models within a territory, based on region and client type, such as Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker-Dealers, and Asset Owners and Consultants. This person plays a key role in the pre-sales process assisting the sales team in market research and analysis of prospective clients, competitors, and market outlook, as well as in prospecting for new clients. They will also work closely with MSCI Product Management and Client Services to identify solutions for clients utilizing multiple regression statistics, modern portfolio theory (including CAPM, multi-factor models, portfolio optimization models and equity & fixed investment process), complex financial theories, data terminals and financial management software engineering tools. The Sales Support person will also load client portfolios to our software platforms and prepare the analytics tools for product demonstrations for prospective clients.
- Researching the territory to identify potential new clients
- Pro-active outreach to prospective clients with the goal of setting up meetings for the Sales Specialists
- Pre-sales process management
- Set-up and participate in prospective client product demonstrations
- New product placement support
- Regular communication with USA-based Client Coverage team
- Pre-sales analysis, market analysis, competitor research.
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Work with other departments (Product Management, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to ensure that all client requirements are covered in product demonstrations
- This position may require occasional travel to our other offices for training
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Sales Analysts require a deep understanding of the institutional asset management business, including fundamental and quantitative investment strategies
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to develop dialogue with prospective clients
- 2-5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Experience in a sales development role including territory research, prospect identification and lead follow up
- Direct prospect outreach experience (cold calls and email) preferred
- MBA, MFE, Master's Degree and/or CFA charter holder is a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.