Americas Index Products Associate - Monterrey,
The individual will be part of our Americas Index Products team, which is the team responsible for defining and implementing business strategies in the Americas region across all client segments. The various aspects of the Index business include data sales and index licensing to a range of market participants, including pension plans, asset managers, ETF providers, wealth managers, brokers dealers, hedge funds and custodians. The Analyst role will be an important contributor to our regional strategy management by directly supporting one or more specific strategies. This will involve working closely with the relevant strategy owner(s) as well as working in collaboration with other functions such as Client Coverage, Research and Marketing.
Scope of Responsibility:
• Focus on delivering timely and high quality support to the Americas Index Products team
• Develop concise materials and processes that are actionable by Coverage and allow Americas Index Products team to build and drive their strategy
· The individual will work closely with other Index Products team members as well as internal departments (research, marketing, operations, sales), locally and globally
· Build a deeper understanding of our business and products in order to better identify strategic information and be able to take on more strategic project
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
• High attention to detail
• Superior knowledge of spreadsheet tools
• Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills, ability to break down complex issues into smaller manageable parts.
• General understanding of the investment management process and intellectual curiosity
• Good team player
• Be able to prioritize effectively and work under time constraints
• At least 1 year in financial environments.
• Degree in Finance, Economics, or related field.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.