Senior Analytics Developer - New York, NY
Securitized Product Technology team is looking for a senior C++ developer with extensive hands-on industry experience in the design and development of large scale, high performing services within the financial industry. This position will require expertise in building a complex, distributed service, one that achieves high levels of performance and scalability as it processes a large amount of historical and live data with dynamic updates. This is a temporary role for a contractual duration of 9 months.
The Securitized Product (SP) senior developer will be responsible for both enhancing existing modules of the SP Analytics services and developing new modules that improve the way that the Securitized Product services function within the MSCI risk platform, including a dispatcher, task scheduler, transport and messaging layer, data access layer as well. The senior developer will also code enhancements and upgrades to analytics libraries to support new features or improve performance of the existing ones.
Desired experience and qualification:
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on industry development experience in C++
- Expert level knowledge and industry experience in design and development of large scale, data intensive analytics services
- Minimum 5 years Hands-on experience and extensive knowledge of high throughput distributed systems
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge of messaging, middleware, caching and data storage technologies
- Hands-on industry experience in design and implementation of automated regression test frameworks
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of analytics libraries is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience with SQL is a plus
- Experience in financial industry specifically Fixed Income Analytics and Technology is a big plus
- Experience in supporting Front-Office and trading desks is a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.