ESG Ratings Analyst_Healthcare specialization - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc., is seeking to expand its ESG Ratings team with a new position in Mumbai. An ESG Ratings Analyst is expected to have a strong working knowledge of general ESG trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for a number of industries in the Healthcare sector, including Health Care Equipment & Supplies, Health Care Providers & Services, Health Care Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, etc. The analyst will be assigned to collect and analyze data for large, mid and small cap companies from across the globe. The candidate is expected to research information about a company's environmental, social, and governance performance, as well as financial risk, using a variety of sources including non-governmental organizations, annual reports, proxy statements, corporate social responsibility reports, sustainability reports, equity research reports, news publications, research studies, and engagement with the companies themselves.
- Searching for, procuring, and processing information about global companies using multiple methods, techniques and sources.
- Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/ scores.
- Working with different types of information sources (i.e. lengthy annual reports, websites, quantitative data feeds, web crawlers), types of information (i.e. quantitative data, key performance indicators, prose narratives), topics or subject matters (i.e. financial risk, corporate governance, and sustainability) and types of analysis (i.e. rules-based, subjective analysis, written summaries).
- Produce scores and other forms of relevant analysis.
- Participate in various working committees and/or projects relating to ESG Research.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the various sub-sectors in the Healthcare domain like including Health Care Equipment & Supplies, Health Care Providers & Services, Health Care Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology Life Sciences, etc.
- Can summarize/ break down complex information into simpler terms
- Assertive and can easily be trained
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to work within in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Self-starter and highly adaptable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Upto 3 Years of relevant industry experience
- Background in process oriented/data heavy tasks
- Experienced at working in office set-up with multiple locations/overseas teams
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in - ESG/Sustainability Research or Business Research
- Relevant public policy or academic experience
- Bachelors' degree required
- Advanced degree in related field preferred (masters or PhD) but not mandatory.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.