Junior IT Multi - Category Buyer
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Obtaining competitive quotes from vendors; liaising with IT team, Legal team, Finance team, etc. to obtain all necessary internal approvals; issuing PO to the vendor; tracking delivery status and supporting Accounts Payable as needed in reviewing / approving invoices. This position does not require any travel.
- Handle internal requests to obtain quotations and undertake general sourcing of low unit cost items (e.g. keyboards, memory, pcs, laptops, off-the-shelf software, etc.)
- Liaise with IT to verify technical compliance with requirements; review quotations to ensure best terms
- Compare quotations across multiple vendors to ensure best prices and delivery
- Follow MSCI's procedures for Vendor Management, Finance and IT approvals
- Issue PO's to vendors according to MSCI's policies
- Create accounts with online technology vendors to enable online ordering for miscellaneous small, low cost items
- Generate quotations and place PO's on major vendors B2B portals
- Track all PO's issued and update internal clients on delivery and order status
- Produce routine price benchmarking across vendors, challenge initial quotes received from vendors to obtain the best prices
- Assist Vendor Management staff on large capital spend projects
- Look for and recommend opportunities to reduce costs
- Continuously seek ways to improve the process
- Work on other IT Procurement related projects and initiatives as requested, be a team player
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Possession of or studying for a recognized qualification in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Minimum of three years experience is required
- Previous work experience preferably in a procurement related role within a small to medium sized company, looking for a more autonomous role
- Must be comfortable using MS Excel to present order summaries, status reports, etc.
- Familiarity with the IT market is highly beneficial
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Good interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communications skills in English are essential
- Detail oriented and organized
- Can-do, positive attitude and enjoy being in a support role
- Must be computer savvy and comfortable using internet to do pricing and/or informational research
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.