Variable Fee Revenue Accountant – Team Lead - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Variable Fee Revenue Accountant is member of our Variable Revenue Finance Team which resides in our Budapest office. The Team is responsible for both Financial and Management accounting processes of all business related to variable fees. The position is responsible for managing processes and controls around fee calculation and financial accounting of multiple products in our Variable Fee Based Product segment.
- Communicate and coordinate with upstream business units to investigate any issues that impact fee calculation and revenue accounting
- Review contracts and sales agreements and reconcile contract terms with records in SalesForce
- Collect public information about products launched by our Clients
- Manage client specific complex fee models
- Liaise with clients in regards with billing and contract related matters
- Keep accurate records of sensitive client portfolio data for fee calculation and internal reporting purposes
- Manage the month-end closing activities including accrual calculation, MoM, QoQ and YoY control variance analysis as well as assisting FP&A in their functions
- Ongoing development of business processes related to Variable Fee calculations, revenue accruals and reporting
- Ongoing development and enhancement of the reporting capabilities of the Variable Fee subledger module
- Participate in ERP system migration projects and other ad hoc projects as required
- Define and document new development requirements. Testing and rollout of new enhancements to production environment
- Documentation, maintenance and adherence to key SOX controls to maintain the integrity of Variable Fee based products related processes
- Periodic review and sign-off with internal and external auditors on audit materials
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 6-8 years of relevant accounting / finance experience
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required
- Understanding of Derivatives and Structured products is a plus
- Fluent in English, writing and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of Excel (Formulas, Pivot tables and reconciliation of multiple data sources)
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical thinking
- Strong work ethic and pro-active with ability to multitasking
- What we offer:
- Insight into the unique world of Index, Benchmark and Risk Management businesses
- Working in / with dynamic and professional teams locally and across the globe
- Cosy work environment
- Professional development
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.