Global Head of Corporate Communications - New York, NY
The Head of Corporate Communication will develop, implement and oversee internal and external communications programs and content marketing to promote the MSCI brand and our products and services. Areas of responsibilities: a) Oversees global PR and media relations b) global internal communications c) content marketing. The purpose of the role is to work closely with the Leadership to translate strategy into communications strategies and plans. In addition establish MSCI as a thought leader and an acknowledged investment industry expert.
Scope of Responsibility / Expectation:
- Oversees MSCI's global media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Uses news events and the firm's strategic plan as the basis for developing themes and content to promote MSCI's competitive advantages and point of view
- Collaborates with colleagues in Marketing, Product Management, Research and Coverage to define positioning and develop messaging for internal and external audiences
- Creates content for press releases, media briefings and spokesperson talking points
- Builds relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Monitors, analyzes and communicates results of PR activities on a quarterly basis
- Places MSCI people as keynote speakers at strategically important conferences. Works with speakers on their presentations
- Maps out and manages a content strategy to support short- and long-term marketing initiatives, from product launches to campaigns to establish leadership in areas such as factor investing.
- Works with other content creators, especially those in Research, to develop and repurpose content to make it meaningful and easily accessible to as many audiences as possible.
- Manages a firm-wide editorial calendar and delivers content.
- Establishes and manages work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing and retiring content.
- Develops standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for the creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval and repurposing of content.
- Ensures that MSCI's content is experienced consistently in all parts of the world. Manages localization strategies and translation services.
- Supervises PR managers, PR agencies, writers and editors, both on-staff and freelance.
- Schedules and coordinates internal communication strategy and activities, including global town halls with the firm's CEO and quarterly all-firm conference calls with the firm's COO and head of Client Coverage
- Manages the Corporate Communications budget
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills. A confident presenter.
- Superior project management and time management skills
- A proven ability to achieve goals by negotiating agreements among business executives
- A passion for finding clear and simple ways to communicate complex ideas
At least 15 years of PR experience. At least eight years of experience in the financial services industry
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.