VP Operations - Equity Data Management
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
Index Equity Data Management Lead
- Understand index and benchmarking methodologies in MSCI
- Source and check data points required to build indexes and benchmarks
- Functionally lead a team of analysts across geographies and provide necessary functional input
- Identify opportunities for process transformation, and quality, efficiency improvement
- Manage resource allocation and prioritization
- Liaise with project management team for implementation of business initiatives
- Work with technology team to improve systems
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 10+ years of work experience
- CABachelor Degree in Engineering or Commerce and Master's degree in Finance. CFA Charter will be a plus or MBA finance
- Good understanding of equities and data management.
- Ability to effectively work with diverse cultures in a global team; sensitivity and appreciation for diverse cultural norms/styles.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and a flexible approach. Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Well organized, thorough and detailed, with a creative approach to problem solving.
- Highly motivated, team work, highly proactive and with initiative.
- Analytical and creative-capable of flexing solutions to changing demands: anticipating the local, regional, global impact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.