Content Writer - New York, NY
This individual must be a very strong Content Writer who can take complicated ideas and simplify them in an easy to read format. He or she will be responsible for collaborating with colleagues in marketing, product management, research and coverage to develop new written materials for company websites, digital and social media and print that describe insights, products, capabilities and the firm as a whole.
This person will work on developing a wealth-focused content hub and responsible for generating fresh content to educate this client segment on the MSCI story. Management experience is a plus.
- Writing and editing accurate, clear, clean and highly readable content quickly
- Familiarity with graphs and charts and ability to translate them into easy to read content
- Good at time management and tracking work flow
- Breaking down topics in institutional investing and risk management into a series of written materials that can be consumed easily leveraging short form writing, digital media distribution outlets and creative vehicles for communicating our message
- Mapping out plans, in collaboration with a global team of subject-matter experts, for the creation and delivery of materials
- Drawing on data from MSCI and others to render written materials, charts and other ways of expressing analysis
- Enforcing and adhering to established style guides (e.g., MSCI's in-house style and brand guidelines, AP Stylebook) to ensure editorial clarity and quality
- Able to work on multiple projects, manage time lines simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable managing one's own work, meeting deadlines and collaborating proactively with stakeholders and subject-matter experts
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Understanding how to write with a specific tone relevant to target client segments including both institutional and wealth client segments
- Able to navigate a matrix work environment and can remove roadblocks and to dig for information
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to drive a task to completion, professionalism and collegiality
- Masters/University degree
- 8-12 years of relevant writing experience
- Experience working in a corporate environment, a financial institution or news room is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects/plans and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Confident self-starter with proven leadership qualities, ability to work in a matrix work environment and strong partnership skills
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.