Carbon Metrics Data Intern (Contract Period: 6 months) - Beijing,
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its ESG Ratings team with new positions in Beijing.
The Carbon Metrics Analyst is expected to have a good level of awareness on general ESG trends, as well as the various lines of business companies are involved in. The core responsibility is to research and obtain information on a company's carbon management performance using a variety of sources including annual reports, proxy statements, quantitative data feeds from third-party providers, investor presentations, news publications, and other reports published by the company itself or its associates
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
- Conduct research on Carbon emission and management indicators related to Carbon for the given set of companies.
- Conduct research to verify the quality of reported data using variety of sources including annual reports, proxy statements, quantitative data feeds, news publications, and other reports published by the company itself or its associates.
- Compilation and reporting of QA findings and defects
- Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/ratings/scores.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines
- Very strong written and oral command of English
- Must be proficient in computer skills particularly Excel
- Familiarity with public company reporting, including 10Ks and Annual Reports
- Ability to effectively and efficiently conduct research online
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to make and defend sound and consistent judgments based on limited information, which may be reported in inconsistent formats
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in different offices and time zones
- ESG/Sustainability Research or business research
- Experience in GHG Management / GHG Accounting / Clean Development Mechanism
- Experience in Energy sectors (Oil & Gas / Utilities), preferable
Bachelors' degree required
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.