Carbon Metrics Research Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its ESG Ratings team with new positions in Mumbai.
The Carbon Metrics Associate is expected to have a good level of awareness on general ESG trends, as well as the various lines of business companies are involved in. The core responsibility is to research and obtain information on a company's carbon management performance using a variety of sources including annual reports, proxy statements, quantitative data feeds from third-party providers, investor presentations, news publications, and other reports published by the company itself or its associates.
- Conduct research on Carbon emission and management indicators related to Carbon for the given set of companies.
- Conduct research to verify the quality of reported data using variety of sources including annual reports, proxy statements, quantitative data feeds, news publications, and other reports published by the company itself or its associates.
- Compilation and reporting of QA findings and defects
- Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/ratings/scores.
- Ability to work independently and within a team to meet deadlines
Desired experience and qualifications:
- ESG/Sustainability Research or business research
- Experience in GHG Management / GHG Accounting / Clean Development Mechanism
- Experience in Energy sectors (Oil & Gas / Utilities), preferable
- 3-5 years' work experience in above areas
- Bachelors' degree required
- Advanced degree in related field preferred (Masters ) but not mandatory.
- Excellent English comprehension, writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Good computer knowledge, including a good working knowledge with Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong background in process oriented/data heavy tasks
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a global team; a strong team player
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.