ESG BISR Research Project Hire (Contract Period: 6 months) - Manila,
MSCI ESG Research has a suite of ESG research products designed to meet the needs of institutional investors from investment decision making to norms and business activities-based screening. These consist of world-class rating and screening models and tools for portfolio management, which allows users to track and identify ESG and related reputational and financial risks to their portfolio
As a member of the MSCI ESG Business Involvement Screening Research (BISR) team, the hired candidate will be responsible for supporting research requirements, including procuring, capturing, processing, synthesizing, analyzing, and transforming large quantities of information into meaningful data for our clients. This includes the implementation of primary research to ensure quality and the consistent application of relevant methodologies. The hired candidate will conduct research on business activities, such as alcohol, adult entertainment, animal welfare, contraceptives, gambling, and weapons; in countries like Iran, Sudan, and Syria; and impactful activities, like socially relevant products and environment innovators.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
The hired candidate will execute research projects as guided by the research production team and management. The candidate will be required to conduct research using company documents, such as websites, 10-Ks, annual report, corporate social responsibility reports, and other materials to determine whether the companies meet the standards dictated by the methodology. The candidate will need to take diligent notes on each company, and make sound and consistent judgment calls in accordance with this methodology. Lastly, the position requires that the Analyst be willing to ask questions as needed and escalate issues when necessary, while mostly working independently.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
Same as with desired experience
The ideal candidate should possess and display the following qualifications:
· A Bachelor's degree with relevant experience required in one of these areas:
o Finance/Economics or Business Management
o International Development & Relations
o Social Science
o Interdisciplinary Studies
· Research or Data Collection experience
· Very strong written and oral command of English
· Good command of MS Excel and other databases
· Familiarity with public company reporting, including 10-Ks and annual reports
· Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
· Ability to make and defend sound and consistent judgments.
· Experience with research quality assurance procedures
· Experience working on a global team in an international company is preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in different offices and time zones
· Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
· Intrinsically motivated to improve their own performance and constantly consider ways to improve the processes they work with.
· Client confidentiality dictates a need for discretion and high personal ethical standards
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.