Index Product Manager - New York, NY
The Americas Index Product Manager plays a key role on the Americas Index Products team driving the growth of MSCI's index subscription business. This team member is tasked with creating/updating the operating plan for the Americas index subscription business and driving the success of the plan.
This role involves all aspects of business management from identifying key growth drivers and developing plans to leverage them, creating tactical sales plans and measuring their success, identifying the need for new index products.
- Set growth targets and establish plans to achieve them. Size the market opportunities, prioritize them, and identify tools needed to leverage them
- Attend client meetings and develop external relationships in the market to validate ideas and stay on top of industry developments. Identify and expand key relationships
- Work with other groups within MSCI, such as Research, Marketing and Client Coverage to provide direction and a plan to grow the regional business and create sales enablers for growth
- Candidate should be solutions oriented and have a strong understanding of the global markets, investment strategy and the various uses of indexes in the investment process (asset allocation, benchmarking, attribution, reporting, structured product creation- ETFs, OTC products, etc.)
- Candidate must use a systematic and client-centric approach to maintain a balance between innovation and execution. Must be able to think outside the box about ways to grow the business while staying realistic about what is possible given the constraints of time, money and the organizational will
- Regular travel will be required
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 10-12 years of experience working in financial services industry
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Product or business management experience and sales experience a plus
- A strategic and collaborative, client centric mindset
- Leadership skills
- Comfortable public speaker and exceptional communicator - both verbally and written
- Team player focused on group performance
- A passion for achieving a deeper understanding of the business, finding solutions for complex business problems and continually improving on the efficiency and effectiveness of our business and execution plan
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.