Junior Model Validation Researcher - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI is looking for a junior researcher to join the Model Validation Research Team in Budapest. This person will have an opportunity to work with an industry leading research team and participate in building validation processes for a diverse set of asset valuation and risk management models. The goals and responsibilities of the Model Validation Team include:
- Establishing modeling best practices in leveraging MSCI analytics products and data in their specific investment and risk monitoring processes
- Identifying factors contributing to model risk and analyzing its limitations
- Systematic assessment of model inventory in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Partnering with clients’ model validation teams to facilitate the client-side testing of the models
- Developing of Python based Model Validation Research tools. These tools are utilized in monitoring MSCI analytical models and analysis of client questions.
- Formulating best practice recommendations based on statistical analysis
- Moderating the process of informing internal and external teams, including clients’ model validation teams, about results of validation analysis
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, physics, financial engineering, mathematics, statistics, operations research or another quantitative discipline
- Strong quantitative skills including: linear algebra, statistics and econometrics - (e.g. able to calculate the expected value of the product of a pair of correlated random variables and should be confident with basic matrix manipulations and much more)
- Programming and data visualization skills, programming experience in a programing language other than VBA
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and analytics
- Experience in implementing or evaluation of quantitative models
- A background in finance or experience in the financial services industry is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Time management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects
- The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual with excellent quantitative, programming and problem solving skills as well as a deep interest in financial modeling
- Critical thinking, curiosity and excellent communication skills are essential
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.