Custom Index Sr. Associate - Monterrey,
MSCI calculates over 150,000 equity indexes on a daily basis using information for more than 25,000 securities belonging to 75 countries worldwide. These indexes include approximately 9,000 real time regional, country, sector, industry and industry group indexes, calculated throughout the trading day and about 7,000 custom indexes.
MSCI custom indexes leverage MSCI's robust standard methodologies to be the building block for customized solutions to MSCI clients' investment needs.
The job responsibilities will involve the day to day operations of the Monterrey Custom Index team focusing on key deliverables as it relates to the Custom Index operations and MSCI Index products in general. The operations responsibilities involve the understanding of the investment solution being provided to the client via a customized index, setting up the index, calculate it as well as work cross functionally with other colleagues in sales, research, product management and IT to ensure all paperwork and deliverables are in line. In addition, be an active participant in the development and testing of MSCI new products.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
1. Work effectively with colleagues in IT, Product and Project Management, Market Data, Research, Sales/Coverage and the Client Service Organization among others.
2. Create indexes tailored to specific client needs.
3. Understand index calculation methodologies and its applications on the index construction process.
4. Implement index methodology changes as well as updates on custom indexes which require input from clients or other 3 rd parties.
5. Respond to client queries in a timely and accurate manner.
6. Monitor the volumes and the resolution time of requests to ensure the delivery within the official turnaround time.
7. Pay special attention to urgent requests or major commercial opportunities and strive for quick and smooth resolution on those.
8. Participate in the planning and implementation of new products or processes as well as self-motivated project initiatives, focusing on the use of technology to improve daily or manual processes.
9. Participate in client meetings related to index calculation methodologies or product related requests.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
¨ Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to break down complex issues into smaller manageable parts
¨ Superior knowledge of spreadsheet tools
¨ Highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills
¨ Flexible in working hours
¨ Ability to work independently as well as part of a global team
¨ Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken
¨ At least 6 years of relevant experience in Financial Markets
¨ University Degree with keen interest in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, or Mathematics
¨ Strong understanding of markets, finance, financial statements and corporate events
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.