Analytics Client Consultant - New York, NY
The Analytics Client Consultant acts as a trusted advisor to our clients for our suite of Analytics products. Consultants take responsibility and ownership of the client relationship, and look to actively develop deep linkages with key personnel, and deliver service that is personalized, high quality, and strongly valued by the client. Consultants help clients make best usage of our products within their investment and risk process(es) and business goals. Consultants are rewarded by high client satisfaction resulting in a high retention rate and opportunities to grow the client relationship. Consultants will have an impact as a product expert and most importantly as an industry expert that clients rely upon to get the most value out of MSCI products and services.
The candidate will be responsible for a book of clients, in a client facing role. These responsibilities will include sharing best practices on risk management and portfolio construction, explaining complex analytics, and partnering with the sales and research teams to provide expertise in client engagements.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of multi-factor models, portfolio construction and optimization, highly quantitative skills, and experience in portfolio and risk management. Successful candidates must also be adaptable and be capable of leading internal cross-functional teams to solve clients' problems and must be able to represent MSCI at all levels of client management; including client senior executives, portfolio managers, risk managers, traders, researchers, and IT staff.
This position is part of the larger Client Coverage organization responsible for reactive client support, proactive client support, technical client support, relationship management, and sales
- Manage a portfolio of clients with a focus on product usage, analytics support, and account renewal and retention
- Support the client through providing Best Practices guidance on portfolio construction and optimization, and risk management
- Own the client relationship and client experience through frequent on-site visits and interaction
- Proactively engage the client to deepen the relationship across all levels of the client institution
- Work with other MSCI teams to ensure that all clients requests/inquiries are managed appropriately
- Training and educating clients on MSCI portfolio management analytics applications and underlying models and methodologies
- Identify opportunities to increase client usage of our products and identify new users.
- Work closely with the sales team on potential up-sell opportunities.
- Keep the client informed of our product roadmap with a focus on the benefits of our product development to their business goals
- Proactively solicit and reflect client business and portfolio management analytics requirements and needs to product management
- Present at workshops, seminars, and webinars
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Very strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Client relationship management experience with a proven record of accomplishment and experience in the financial services industry
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- 5-7 years working experience in portfolio construction and optimization, risk management, quantitative/proprietary trading, and/or quantitative research specifically in a portfolio management or risk management function
- Experience at a hedge fund, asset manager, bank, financial technology firm, or broker dealer a plus.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work individually or within a team
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges, and who views teaching financial concepts an exciting challenge
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably with a finance/economics/mathematics/engineering/ quantitative background
- Master’s Degree in a business or quantitative field preferred
- Professional qualifications such as CFA charter holder, FRM (Financial Risk Manager) a plus
- Experience with Barra risk models and application software a plus
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.