Index Sales Specialist - Asset Owners
MSCI Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for all MSCI products. Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with Asset owners, which include state and corporate pension plans, endowments and foundations, regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. The role entails positioning MSCI benchmarks and licensing MSCI's equity index data at our current clients as well as our prospective clients. Asset Owner Index Sales Specialists utilize their knowledge of the investment management process, index methodology and data distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI index products for their clients. This role is a highly visible one with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI's index methodology, fee and contract negotiations, closing sales, product setup and delivery, and ongoing education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indices are being used throughout the Asset Owner community and by the overall investment community. In this role, individuals will work very closely with Global Client Service, Sales Analysts, Index Applied Research, Marketing, Product Management, and Finance / Billing departments.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
Total Relationship Management involving:
- High Level Management Contact
- Strategic Planning with an Account
- New Product Placement
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI index products and methodologies
- Achieve targeted benchmark and revenue goals
- Inform all clients about MSCI index products, announcements, projects, etc.
- Work with other departments (Global Sales Specialists, Client Service, Sales Analysts, Research, Legal, Contracts, Billing, etc) to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
- Proactively solicit and provide client feedback regarding new initiatives and future index product development to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development teams
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Understanding of investment process and experience dealing with Asset Managers, Broker / Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Investment Consultants • Strong understanding of the global equity markets
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
- Thorough understanding of the Investment Management Process
- Minimum of 5 years direct sales or relationship management experience in the financial services industry with a proven record of accomplishment.
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA, Masters Degree and/or CFA charter holder a plus, or equivalent experience.
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indexes, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and ESG data and research.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indexes with approximately USD 8 trillion estimated to be benchmarked to them on a worldwide basis1; Barra multi-asset class factor models, portfolio risk and performance analytics; RiskMetrics multi-asset class market and credit risk analytics; IPD real estate information, indexes and analytics; MSCI ESG (environmental, social and governance) Research screening, analysis and ratings; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
1 As of September 30, 2013, as reported on January 31, 2014 by eVestment, Lipper and Bloomberg
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.