ESG Custom Research Temp (Contract Period: 6 months) - Manila,
MSCI ESG Research has a suite of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research products designed to meet all the needs of institutional investors from investment decision making, to norms and business activities based screening. These consist of world-class rating and screening models and IT tools for portfolio management, which allows users to track and identify ESG related reputational and financial risks to their portfolio.
Custom ESG research services are provided to prospective and current clients who need services that fall outside MSCI ESG Research's off-the-shelf ESG and Compliance products. As a member of the MSCI ESG Custom Research team, the Research Analyst conducts research for specialized contracts. This position involves carrying out research in support of a variety of custom research projects for a period of six months, beginning as soon as possible.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
The Research Analyst will be required to conduct research using company documents such as websites, 10-Ks, annual report, corporate social responsibility reports, and other materials to determine whether the companies meet certain client-specific criteria, including criteria related to involvement in controversial business activities, and environmental indicators. The analyst will need to take diligent notes on each company, and make sound and consistent judgment calls on rating companies. Lastly, the position requires that the analyst be willing to ask questions as needed and escalate issues when necessary, while mostly working independently.
- Very strong written and oral command of English
- Must be proficient in computer skills particularly Excel
- Familiarity with public company reporting, including 10Ks and Annual Reports
- Ability to effectively and efficiently conduct research online
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to make and defend sound and consistent judgments based on limited information, which may be reported in inconsistent formats
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in different offices and time zones
- 1-2+ years related research experience preferred in one of the below areas:
- ESG Research
- Corporate Governance Research
- International Development
- International Relations
- Experience working on a global team in an international company is preferred
- Experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative research is preferred
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.