ESG Controversies Research Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The ESG Controversies team covers 9,500 equities, and spans environmental, governance and social issues including, but not limited to, human rights, labor rights, the environment and anti-corruption, executive and board issues. The Associate will search for, processes, analyze and synthesize, large quantities of information into meaningful data, analysis, and ratings for clients.
- Searching for, procuring, and processing information about global companies on an as needed basis using multiple methods, techniques and sources
- Working with many different types of information sources (i.e. annual reports, websites, quantitative data feeds, and web crawlers), types of information (i.e. quantitative data, key performance indicators, prose narratives), topics or subject matters (i.e. traditional financial risk, corporate governance, and sustainability) and types of analysis (i.e. rules-based, subjective analysis, written summaries)
- Developing new ratings guidance and improving the research methodology
- Working with a global team based in Asia and the US. Providing time zone coverage for client queries and business needs
- Ensuring high quality standards
- Participate in various working committees and/or projects
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Fast learner, able to master new concepts, theories, ideas and processes with ease
- Strong analytical ability and are able to apply logic to solve problems
- Very proficient with technology and are able to learn new applications on their own with ease Experience in web-based searching, Excel 2010, data management and data mining preferred
- Intrinsically motivated to improve their own performance and constantly consider ways to improve workflow processes
- Strong attention to detail. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a global team; a strong team player
- Relevant ESG experience and/or a strong background in research analysis and writing
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.