Technology Intern – Portfolio Management Analytics - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The Portfolio Management Analytics (PMA) QA team is responsible for developing and implementing the validation processes and procedures for industry adopted financial instruments, statistics and reporting. Our goal is to ensure the 'highest level quality' and the 'fastest time to market' in the industry for financial products.
This is an exciting role that lies on the cusp of finance and technology. As a key member of this team, the candidate will have direct responsibilities for ensuring that MSCI market-leading analytics continue to provide clients exceptional analytics quality and sophistication. The members of the PMA QA team work on complex issues where analysis is required to determine the root source of problems and associated factors.
- The members of our team have opportunities to contribute in a broad set of roles including: studying functional, non-functional and analytic specifications, developing test plans and test cases, verifying formulas and implementing and using automated test tools.
- The candidate will be exposed on a daily basis to a range of topics that require in depth technical skills:
- Testing the performance and architecture of very large scale financial software
- Delivering (design, implement & support) technologically innovative solutions to the quantitative analyst group
- Troubleshooting the problems from various technological areas ranging from system administration to identifying the causes of system slowness or failures
- Providing a new technology perspective to keep our tools at the advent of technical innovations
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Ongoing MSc or PhD with focus on computer science or a degree in mathematics, physics, statistics or another quantitative field with strong knowledge of computer technologies
- Experienced with either Python, Java or Scala
- Some level of experience with other programming languages and technologies is a plus (Matlab, R, C++, SQL, XML, scripting, etc.)
- Great to have: experience in testing of large scale software, architecting & implementing internal tools, system administration
- Experience with agile software development
- Familiarity with IDE's, version control (Git) and issue tracking (JIRA) systems
- Detail-oriented and capable to perform multi-task assignments in a timely and independent fashion.
- Strong motivation to learn about financial markets
- Outstanding advanced mathematical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral proficiency in English
- Interest working in an environment that combines finance and technology
- Strong sense of ownership
- Must be willing to work in a global team environment
- Possibility to work full or part time (up to 20-25 hours a week)
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.