Business Improvement Research Specialist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
MSCI ESG Research has a suite of ESG research products designed to meet all the needs of institutional investors from investment decision making, to norms and business activities based screening. These consist of world-class rating and screening models and IT tools for portfolio management, which allows users to track and identify ESG, related reputational and financial risks to their portfolio.
As a member of the MSCI ESG Business Involvement Screening Research (BISR) team, the candidate will be responsible for undertaking research on Business Involvement screens, overseeing the research execution by team members, managing the research operations, acting and conducting quality reviews on the research conducted by the team. This requires the candidate to execute research by procuring, capturing, processing, synthesizing, analyzing and transforming large quantities of information into meaningful analysis for our clients. It includes the implementation of primary research to ensure quality and the consistent application of methodologies. In addition, this position acts as a point person for content level expertise, addressing queries (both internal and external) regarding companies' involvement in covered issue areas while taking the lead on monitoring innovation in these areas for future methodology enhancements.
- Managing assigned projects to ensure completion of tasks on schedule, within limited timeframes, and give results that meet established goals of client satisfaction, quality, and return on investment
- Managing the research operations of the team of analysts by setting clear expectations, guidelines, and timeframes.
- Providing Content expertise and leadership
- Addressing client queries regarding areas of responsibility
- Executing research on global companies by conducting online research using multiple methods, techniques and sources
- Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/analysis
- Strong project management skills which includes ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) who are geographically dispersed and produce an end project / deliverable on time
- Strong written and oral command of English
- Familiarity with public company reporting, including 10-Ks and Annual Reports
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- A strong command of excel and other databases
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Experience with research quality assurance procedures
- Experience working on a global team in an international company is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in different offices and time zones
- Client confidentiality dictates a need for discretion and high personal ethical standards
- Ability to make and defend sound and consistent judgments based on limited information, which may be reported in inconsistent formats
- Familiarity with research methodology construction and database operation is preferred
Desired experience and qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with minimum 5+ years related experience required in research and analytical roles.
- Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products is a plus
- Knowledge of social, environmental impact and sustainable development areas is desirableDue to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
- Experience in managing research projects and/or leading research teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experienced at presenting results of research in public settings
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.