ESG Ratings Analyst (Japanese Specialist) - Manila,
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its ESG Ratings team with new positions in Manila.
An ESG Ratings analyst is expected to have a strong working knowledge of general ESG trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for a number of industries. Analysts research companies and collect ESG related data for large, mid and small cap companies from across the globe.
A qualified candidate would be required to have experience in making presentations relating to the industries and companies that he/she analyses to both internal and external groups.
The candidate will research information about a company's ESG performance as well as traditional financial risk, using a variety of interesting sources including non-governmental organizations, annual reports, proxy statements, corporate social responsibility reports, sustainability reports, equity research reports, news publications, research studies, and engagement with the companies themselves.
Scope of Responsibility /Expectation:
· Searching for, procuring, and processing information about global companies using multiple methods, techniques and sources.
· Capturing and transforming raw data into meaningful information/ratings/scores.
· Working with different types of information sources (i.e. lengthy annual reports, websites, quantitative data feeds, web crawlers), types of information (i.e. quantitative data, key performance indicators, prose narratives), topics or subject matters (i.e. traditional financial risk, corporate governance, and sustainability) and types of analysis (i.e. rules-based, subjective analysis, written summaries).
· Produce scores, ratings and other forms of relevant analysis.
· Monitoring quality and productivity metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
Participate in various working committees and/or projects relating to ESG Research.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
· Strong understanding of ESG/ Sustainability Issues
· Strong background in process oriented/data heavy tasks
· Strong English and Japanese reading and speaking skills.
· Experienced at presentation of research results in global settings
Upto 3 years of experience:
o in ESG Research industry, or
o relevant financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products, or
o relevant public policy or academic or NGO experience
· Experienced at working in office set-up with multiple locations/overseas teams
· Bachelors' degree required
· Advanced degree in related field preferred (masters or PhD) but not mandatory
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.