Java Developer - Mumbai, MH
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com .
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to join our ESG Application Development team in the Mumbai office. As part of a global team the candidate will need to develop productive working relationships with a geographically distributed team. MSCI ESG Research provides in-depth research, ratings and analysis of the environmental, social and governance-related business practices of thousands of companies worldwide. The ESG Application Development team supports the delivery platform for ESG Research clients and the internal production platform used by 120 analysts and researchers.
- Deliver new functionality for the internal production platform and the client delivery platform for the ESG Business.
- Monitor and optimize application performance.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure on all stages of software development life cycle.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 3 to 6 years of software development experience.
- Ruby software development.
- Web Services/Application Development.
- Relational Databases, especially Oracle OR any NoSQL databases.
- Ruby database libraries such as Sequel, Active Record. Experience with similar libraries in other programming languages (e.g. Hibernate, Django) is also acceptable.
- Source code control systems, especially Git.
- Database tools such as SQL Developer.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Good Communication skills required for working as part of a geographically distributed software development team.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.