Senior Java Backend Developer - Budapest,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
The candidate will be primarily in charge of developing extensions to the corporate event systems of MSCI using modern technologies (Java 8, JMS, Spring, etc.). He or she will have to pro-actively learn our systems and then lead enhancements and propose new ideas, while respecting the consistency and standards of the current team.
If selected, you will work as part of a delivery focused and talented software development team responsible for designing, developing and supporting the business centric front-end and back-end Index platforms.
You will help us implement:
- Modules of the Corporate Event systems framework
- Complex software design patterns using the following technologies: Java 8, Oracle, Spring, JMS, Netbeans, JUnit, Maven, Jira, SVN
- Software testing frameworks (unit/non regression/user acceptance)
- Normalized relational databases designs
Desired experience and qualifications:
- 4+ years professional experience developing applications with Java technologies (from Java 7 onwards)
- Interest / experience in object oriented software Oracle PL/SQL
- Interest in the financial field
- Genuine interests in agile software development methodologies
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment with demanding requirements (including flexibility to support business outside regular working hours)
- Highly motivated, dynamic, hardworking and eager to succeed
- The ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely to peers, senior management and clients. Experience on this front is a plus.
- To be able to perform independent work as well as teamwork, including partnership with business stakeholders
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.