Data Scientist - Mumbai,
For more than 40 years, MSCI’s research-based indexes and analytics have helped the world’s leading investors build and manage better portfolios. Clients rely on our offerings for deeper insights into the drivers of performance and risk in their portfolios, broad asset class coverage and innovative research. Our line of products and services includes indexes, analytical models, data, real estate benchmarks and ESG research. MSCI serves 98 of the top 100 largest money managers, according to the most recent P&I ranking.
For more information, visit us at www.msci.com.
We are looking for two data scientists.
We are a financial organization delivering daily 100’000 very specific products (Indexes) which are sensitive to very large set of financial data, specific conditional rules and could have path dependent idiosyncratic behaviors.
We want to improve our output monitoring capabilities by developing machine learning techniques to detect errors / abnormal behaviors prior to client distribution in our current production environment.
- Define and maintain a set of diagnostic models / machine learning techniques to be developed and tested to improve our current output monitoring capabilities
- Work with production teams to integrate these models / machine learning techniques in a daily production process
- Contribute to further enhance the product quality of the world’s leading Index provider
- Interact with senior managers within the organization (e.g., Research, IT, content experts)
- Operate in a multinational and multicultural environment.
Desired experience and qualification:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with focus on Data Science
- 3-5 year experience in application of Machine Learning/Data Science techniques
- Experience with Matlab, R or Python
- Financial Engineering knowledge a plus
- Should be creative and innovative
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.