ESG Research Associate - Sydney,
MSCI ESG Research, part of MSCI Inc, is seeking to expand its global ESG Research analyst team. The research analyst is expected to have a strong interest in general Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) trends and specific knowledge about the dominant ESG issues for selected industries. The analyst will investigate and assess core ESG risks faced by the industries and evaluate performance along the key benchmarks for large publicly traded companies globally.
Currently, we have a particular preference for candidates with experience and expertise in Hardware, Software, Information Technology or Energy and Utilities industries.
- 5-7 industry, country, or issue reports per year
- Analyze and prepare research reports for 50-70 companies per year
- Ability to present findings externally to clients and stakeholders
- Contribution to ongoing improvement of ratings model
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Background in research and analysis
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experienced at presenting results of research in public settings
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree required
- Minimum 2 years of full-time professional experience, preferably in analytical roles
- Strong interest in ESG research
- Expertise in Hardware, Software, Information Technology or Energy and Utilities industries is preferred
- Financial services experience that includes exposure to ESG investment products is a plus
- Knowledge of social and environmental impact areas relevant to Asia Pacific market is a plus
Our office is located in the Goregaon suburb of Mumbai, the capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra. The office is primarily technology and data services but has representation from all groups.
The New York office is MSCI's Global Headquarters, the second largest office after Mumbai. It is located in downtown Manhattan, next to the World Trade Center memorial site. The office is also home to our CEO and several of our Executive Committee members.
The London office is located in the historic Spitalfields market area of East London, between the City of London and Shoreditch. It is our third largest office after Mumbai and New York.